Come Join The Fun!

The Woodrat Show is usually on 3.840 MHz from about 8 AM til Noon, and then again around 3.985 MHz from about 7 PM on.

Enjoy CW, check 7.043 as Woodrats can often be found there...

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Home Brew Paddles

Here are a couple of my favorite home made paddles. 

The green base set is the one I was using this morning.  The base consists of two layers of plastic material, the white brackets were end pieces off an old terminal strip, the contact post between the contacts is a brass screw, the contacts themselves are from an old mechanical relay.   I have a piece of skid proof, sticky material glued to the base.  Add a little spit, give it five minutes and it won't move until you force it loose.

The Second one is my version of the Bencher, since the mechanics are exactlly like it.   This was made probably 25 years ago while I was in maintenance at the local mill.  The drilling and tapping was done on a drill press.


Click on the photos for a closer look.  Sorry about the dust..   (I need to clean it up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment