Come Join The Fun!

The Woodrat Show is usually on 3.840 MHz from about 8 AM til Noon, and then again around 3.985 MHz from about 7 PM on.

Enjoy CW, check 7.043 as Woodrats can often be found there...

Friday, December 17, 2010

My Junk Pile Key

Here is a photo of my Junk Pile Straight Key that I cobbled together in time for the Straight Key Sprint on January 1st.


I used a hunk of stainless steel strapping cut from a large size (5 inch) hose clamp. It cut pretty easy with a pair of snips but wouldn't drill worth a hoot, so rather than try to drill holes for the mounting screws, I wedged it between several screws and mounted it to a hunk of 3/4 inch plywood. One wire is jammed beneath the strap, and the other wire is connected to a screw below the ka-nob. You can see I even added a extra screw on the side to adjust the gap, HA HA!

The next photo shows my new key next to my set of paddles. A matched set!

No comments:

Post a Comment